Sorry! In all the rush to pack the little Mazda 3 we are renting this weekend, I forgot!!
The good news is that the power was restored and the water is pretty much gone from the roads. They are describing: "The rainfall that hit the district on Friday was a “one in a hundred year event”, according to the Met Office." It just had to be this particular weekend! :)
We had a lovely walk through the town and to the river which was moving very fast and was still very high. There could be more flooding if the rain keeps up: BBC Many of the shops were sand bagging as we walked past.
We spent most of the day at the new place. Trying to get rid of a smell--Mat thinks it smells like an old house, and I think it smells like bacon grease..it's very odd. So I used a bottle of Fabreeze and an odour neutraliser (wiping down the skirting etc). Next step might be putting bowls of vinegar in the rooms to see if that helps...it just doesn't smell clean to me, even though everything is. Any tips are most welcome!! We also ventured out into the backyard and trimmed off the rose bushes that were sticking out over the paths...there are sooo many rose bushes! Nicholas munched on about 6 plums and helped along the way. Will need to get a hedge trimmer soon--Dad, hope you are preparing for doing some landscaping..maybe bring Sandy with you as well :)
Okay, I just had to put this as I thought it was sooo funny. Nicholas could not wait to go on the fish bowl toilet today! As we were lifting the toilet lid, the tag on the lid read: A LOO WITH A VIEW-I'm pretty sure this is the one that we have. I couldn't believe the price of a toilet seat--about $150!!! 

Promise that there will be more photo's next time we visit the house. Unfortunately we haven't sorted out a car yet--not that we don't want one, just that no one wants to loan us money yet. Hopefully Mat will sort it out this week before he jets off to Switzerland....
0 comments:
Post a Comment