Friday, 28 September 2007

Buying in BULK


Watch out--here we come! I've been waiting for about 3 months for the membership to come in the post.
Is Nicholas picking on Lottie already? Might have to separate and take in 2 trolleys just in case :)

We had such a successful trip--loved EVERY minute--it was sort of like being back in the US when we walked inside.
One of the perks of belonging to the woman's club, is that I am able to get a Costco card (through the club). This came in the mail after the Mom's left our little gathering. Mel and I had planned to do something else..but well, we just couldn't help ourselves (okay it was probably more me) and we HAD to go (there was a bit of panic when I realised the Mat had the car at work today, as Nic's seat was in the car--but we sorted it out in the end--WHEW!)! I'm not into buying 20kilo's of rice..but, I am into buying peanut butter bigger than 12oz--and it's sooo much cheaper at 40oz for almost the same price as 12! (Darcy, I know you will be excited with Skippy!) and cherry tomato's that will last past a couple of days because it will take Nicholas longer to eat through them. Mel and I split up a lot of things which was very handy when you don't really want 6 boxes of grissini bread sticks and 100 Chuppa Chups (just in case Trick or Treaters come we will be prepared). I was happy to find Aussie ginger beer as we were missing it and bulk packs of tortillas for the same price as 1 pack in the store. The pizza was so big that it wouldn't fit in the oven :) Ahhh I can see some very happy shopping trips coming up--ohh I will be able to go while Nicholas is at school too and browse and touch things on my own :) ohhhhhh
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Underthings said...

Skiiiiiipppppy. I miss you guys more than I miss peanut butter but geeze, skiiiipppppy! I'm on my last jar....

Georgia said...

OH NO!!!! Now this could be scarry Jenn with a Costco card. Hopefully they only take cash.
But there are some good deals like peanut butter and batteries and we know how Nicholas needs batteries. And they come in the 48 pack.
Better get Darcy a jar we need to keep her happy. (Happy Shopping)
Do they have Bounce??

Mellie said...

They have Bounce but Jenn said it's far too expensive compared to prices in the US - even in Costco! Methinks she'll be coming back after Christmas with a suitcase full of it!!

Jenn said...

You are all just toooooo funny! :)