We made 1 pumpkin in the day, and then Mat had a go at carving his first ever pumpkin tonight--he made the ghost one and I think for a first time effort it was pretty good. As you might or might not tell, mine lost it's nose while I was making the mouth--but since it sort of looked okay, I didn't bother trying to put it back together with toothpicks. Maybe next year, we will have Papa put one of his famous designs on a piece of paper so we can have one that has his cool eyes that he does so well!!
Sunday, 21 October 2007
Pumpkin Carving Time
Apparently it's "a little early" according to Nana--but we had such a great day for pumpkin carving--also since Mat leaves next weekend for a business trip, we thought it would be nice to do it before he goes. We invited some friends around who brought chili with them--YUMMY!
We made 1 pumpkin in the day, and then Mat had a go at carving his first ever pumpkin tonight--he made the ghost one and I think for a first time effort it was pretty good. As you might or might not tell, mine lost it's nose while I was making the mouth--but since it sort of looked okay, I didn't bother trying to put it back together with toothpicks. Maybe next year, we will have Papa put one of his famous designs on a piece of paper so we can have one that has his cool eyes that he does so well!!
We made 1 pumpkin in the day, and then Mat had a go at carving his first ever pumpkin tonight--he made the ghost one and I think for a first time effort it was pretty good. As you might or might not tell, mine lost it's nose while I was making the mouth--but since it sort of looked okay, I didn't bother trying to put it back together with toothpicks. Maybe next year, we will have Papa put one of his famous designs on a piece of paper so we can have one that has his cool eyes that he does so well!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
They are just brilliant! They look wonderful in the window.
Your pumpkins look awesome. If the squirrels keep eating ours we won't have any left to carve. Have a happy halloween!!
Man, I didn't realise that squirrels eat pumpkins! Yikes--we better watch out too!!
Post a Comment