Saturday, 5 January 2008

Home Again.


I was sad landing back into Heathrow this morning. The flights were fine, and were happy with the extra wind push over the Atlantic which made the trip only 6.5 hours--plus an almost 3 hour nap from Nicholas! But after standing at the baggage carousel till it stopped and we had NO BAGS out of 5, my sadness grew even greater. So we walked through customs after a 5 week holiday with our backpacks. Then we got home and the house is 10C (50F)--and it will stay that way till Monday as a circuit board in the boiler needs to be replaced--a part that is a special order of course. A call around to a few people has come up with some heaters thankfully--oh and we don't have hot water either. But our sadness was whisked away as Grandma is now here for the next 3 weeks! Mat picked her up from the train station this afternoon. Nicholas has a serious case of bedhead after a nice warm 3 hour nap till she arrived--but he's very happy to have a train playing partner :)

Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Lisa said...

Jenn,

I'm so sorry to hear that things didn't go well on the way back. I admit, I'm always sad when it's time to go 'home' again...but my suitcases have always made it so far! We had a similar heat problem. It took 3 days for the heater to catch up. At least we did have a bit of warm water. Since we've been back, the kids have been a bit crabby and Katharina keeps asking when we can go to Grandma's house (otherwise known as her new house) again. All I can do is empathize! Enjoy the time with your 'Grandma'! We're jealous!
Lisa