The weather is starting to turn and we're finding ourselves going outside more and more each day to enjoy it! Sun is well and truly up by 6am now and not going down till about 830pm. Today we headed south to Milford-On-Sea to visit Hurst Castle. The castle was built by Henry VIII as one of a chain of coastal fortresses and was completed in 1544. Mat and I were not that impressed with the castle--but its use was purely for a fortress--which doesn't make it that glamorous.
Nic was most impressed by the canons. Not because of what they did, but because they were on a track and he thought that they were part of some castle train system.
We had a choice of walking 2.5 miles to get to the castle, or take a return trip on the castle ferry--guess which one Nicholas wanted to do :) It was a nice 10 minute trip which Mat and I thought was the best part ;)
1 comments:
Some amazing photos there. I can imagine the boat ride was lots of fun. Much better than the long walk.
Post a Comment