It was significantly toned down from last year that's for sure--how could a surprise party be topped? But, Nicholas was in school for the whole day which allowed me to have a very leisurely girlie lunch with Mom (2 years in a row she's been with me for my birthday!) and 2 of my friends. For dinner we went out to one of Nic's favourites--pizza. Mom and I had a Pimms Cocktail each which went down well! My dessert came out with a little candle (thanks to Nana) and Nicholas helped me blow it out.
It's funny to see that other 3.5 year olds are into taking photo's. Nicholas also LOVES to take photo's and he does pretty well with people...as well as the ceiling and the floor and whatever else takes his fancy... This is his photo of Daddy. I did have the flash turned off (which is why it's so grainy) so we wouldn't blind the fellow diners with all his clicking..

2 comments:
Happy Birthday to YOOOOOO.
Hey Jenn, where's the large glass of Aussie RED? I can just smell those pizzas. Great photo Nic. Missing you all. XXX
Was the surprise party only last year? Goodness! How special to have b'day with Mom. Me, I send the "happy birthday" text to the wrong phone. Oh dear! We miss celebrating with you.xoxoxoxo
Post a Comment