Sunday, 19 October 2008

Halloween Preparations

Our main activity of a gorgeous fall day was to set up the decorations. Nana & Papa's front yard is always decorated with spooky things. Pumpkins come from a garden or a patch--or a box with a fan..
Nicholas helps put the steaks in to tie it down
Next they hang the spooky man in the tree
This year they added to their Halloween decorations..it's called Ghost Town. It's a walk through "house" with sounds and flashing lights!

Mostly everything is set up--we still have 2 weeks, so who knows what we will add. Plus we need to do our pumpkin carvings!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Lisamaree said...

Wow!! That looks soooo awesome. Please post some pics of it all set up on Halloween.... you guys are going to have so much fun. So envious of the fun you will have.

Ironically.. guess what!! We can get real american orange pumpkins here (Starting at about $10 AU for a medium sized one), so we might be able to do REAL pumpkin carving this year too.... whod'v'e thought that of Hong Kong!!

Lisa said...

Looks like fun! You guys go all out for Halloween. It's just slowly coming to Germany so I've been spending my days going door to door telling people to have candy ready for us:)

I'm so jealous that you're in the States again. We don't have our next trip planned yet so that's always a little sad...but we'll be in your neck of the woods tomorrow! With Germanwings offer 1 Euro flights, we'll have to fly back soon to visit soon.

Mellie said...

So cool - I want to come & play in the haunted house!

Underthings said...

What fun! I put up my meager H'ween decs here in Oz - Misty was quite interested in my decorating the "dead sticks" in the livingroom with plastic pumpkins. I'm so glad Nic will have a "real" H'ween that he will be able to remember!