Tuesday, 2 October 2007
A Little Warmth
It's starting to be that time of year when the sun is up a bit later and going down sooner--and getting cool. A couple of nights ago, we turn on the central heating to get the chill off, only to find that it's not working! Suppose better to find out now rather than in January. I had a fireplace lesson from Mel about a month ago--but I needed refreshing because last time all I remember was a big WHOOSH when the fire caught and Mel jumping back about 6 feet. So there you go--I did it myself! Mat and I are learning that the fireplace might more or less be for looks rather than heat--but some is better than none and when Nicholas goes to bed, we shut the doors to keep the warmth in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment