Thursday, 4 October 2007

Yard Work-or for Mel (Garden Work)

After having lunch with Daddy, Nicholas and I came back home to enjoy the sunny, warm weather. I quickly mowed the lawn as Nicholas played in his playroom. Just as I was putting the mower away to trade it in for the rake, I had my little helper.

Who doesn't enjoy throwing leaves in the air!
Then, Papa came to visit in his helicopter.
and he helped with the leaves....
But, Nicholas didn't think Papa was doing that great of job so instead Nicholas got right into it, and put on a working glove the size of his head...He carefully filled his bucket with leaves and then dumped them. I think he took about 10 bucket loads...which was really helpful!!
Then we sat and watched a plane doing loop the loop and other tricks (like stalling the engine and almost giving me a heart attack).Then, it was blackberry picking time...and we cut some lovely lavenderNicholas has a good smell...

5 comments:

Mellie said...

Cute pics! Do you think we could train Lottie to do that as well!!!!

Underthings said...

That glove IS as big as his head! You're in England so maybe it's Hagrid's glove? We've got some leaf action happening from our evil tree; now that Nic's trained up could you send him here...then I'll ship him to Nana's for that oven-cleaning session. Oh, and for HUGS. xoxoxoxo Aunt Darcy

Georgia said...

Well thanks Darcy, but we have leaves, it is going in to fall.
So he can come here for both the leaves and oven, then we'll go and have Dairy Queen ice cream. And watch the deer cross the road. And sit outside and listen to the bugs sing..

Underthings said...

Ok, so Nana has more leaves! And Dairy Queen. Heck, for a Dairy Queen I'll come and rake the leaves :-)

xoxo Darcy

Kristen said...

That's so idyllic! :) The whole English country garden thing seems to really suit him!

Do let him know that when he's done at your place, he can come and show Jessie how it's done...