Thursday, 1 November 2007

Plant and Wait Activity

Nic is armed and ready to plant! On our way home from music we stopped in at our local hardware shop to find that they had reduced packets of bulbs since apparently it's becoming towards the end of bulb planting season. The pots were found at the end of the garden--about 8 of them were stacked along side the shed (and home to lots of wiggly bugs and snails--UGH!). Last week we cleaned them up and painted them (although the paint is starting to crack a bit now--gives them character).

After the 4 pots were filled, Nicholas asked where the flowers were--hmmmm. When I explained to him that we had to wait until it was warmer and the sun was really really hot and high in the sky, he turned and pointed to the sun and said that it was right there...okay, try again... I then told him after Christmas, and he seemed to be okay with that answer. Now, I just hope that something grows--guess we will all see in 5 months time...
Posted by Picasa

0 comments: