Tuesday, 3 July 2007

Anyone Need A Friend? I'm looking for some

Okay--so I wasn't having any luck meeting mums and kids while grocery shopping--what does it mean again if they have lettuce in the trolley? (just kidding). I was close in meeting a mum on the train and her little girl, but the train ride was too short (5 Min's), and I felt I would have been too desperate asking if she wanted my number (not that I would have known it)...but I did get a few nice pointers out of her. Man I'm started to sound really desperate--maybe it's only having toddler conversation that is making me go mad?

Sooo here goes another way, the Internet! People find mates all the time on the internet--except I already have a mate (husband)..I need more friends instead. I came across a site where they have an area titled, Local Meet-A-Mum, and I was pretty excited that I wasn't alone..but I knew that I did have to make "the first move" and contact a few. Since we are car-less at the moment, I was limited to the town we are in now and really, kids around Nic's age so that he is also entertained. I contacted two mum's--and literally one after another (1 min a part), I received 2 emails saying that they were interested! So tomorrow I am meeting one of them in the morning. We are going to attend a drop-in toddler group at a local nursery school. Even though I'm a bit nervous--I'm excited to meet someone that wants to meet others..so at least we have 2 things in common straight away!

2 comments:

Underthings said...

I need a friend too!!! But now I'm too far away to go for a play date. So you and Nic will have to enjoy my virtual xoxoxoxoxo and I hope your play-date is a big success. Lots of Love Aunt Darcy

Anonymous said...

Hey we could use some friends here too! Hoping to come visit you sometime this year (we will have to hurry as it's already July!). Let us know how the 'interview' goes; hope she is c*ck. ;)